Pony Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When attaching the 13 cf pony to your tank via the aluminum bracket do divers prefer upside down or right side up? Very curious as to why?

Thanks

I prefer to sling, but if I mount it's valve down.

I got a used regulator set. After it is serviced, I will use the first and second on this pony, and use the octo on my main regulator set (replacing the Air 2 it now has).

I'm planning on a 19cf pony and one of those quick release brackets. It's expensive, but it's what I want.

good luck!
nd

p.s.: I too wouldn't get a pony if it had to be a 30 or bigger to be useful. I think it's overkill for my purposes.

Why are you choosing to dive with 3 second stages? What benefit does 3 second stages provide? Does the benefit offset the negative of adding another failure point?
Have you thought about the task loading associated with 3 second stages, the potential for confusion, the difficulties in identifying and addressing free flows.

I always dive with a pony and I keep my AIR 2..

As for the Op's question: I would not buy a special reg like that to save a tiny bit of weight. It is probably better to buy a small cheap reg (like the mk-2). If you have a problem with the first stage, you can borrow one from your buddy etc. It just seems that interchangable gear has some distinct advantages rather than a special piece of equipment like that.

Also I dive a 13 cu-ft pony to past 100 ft and it is enough air to get a diver up...

Why are you choosing to dive with 3 second stages? What benefit does 3 second stages provide? Does the benefit offset the negative of adding another failure point? Have you thought about the task loading associated with 3 second stages, the potential for confusion, the difficulties in identifying and addressing free flows.
I didn't say I would be using all three at the same time :)

Referring to my post above (#44) - I got the octo serviced in October and have since used it to replace my Air2. I've gone diving with it.

I just dropped off the 1st and second today. I will pick up a pony (and hopefully the reg set) on Friday.

Once I have all of this stuff serviced and ready to use, I will reconfigure as necessary, to end up with 2 second stages - whether both are connected to the main tank, or one is connected to a pony, depending on my diving needs at the time. :)

Back
Top Bottom