Pool diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjvander

Will work for diving
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well now with the weather turning colder outside and the lack of training for ice diving.....I must now resort to diving in a pool for the winter. So I get to go this weekend and play with all my new stuff and float underwater for awhile. I guess the really good thing is it gives me time to breath some compressed air....and practice all the wonderful skills, tricks, and most importantly...buoyancy...

To all those that live in more tropical climates.....I'm jealous.

Jealous? What's wrong with a pool?

Ken

nothing wrong with a pool....just not so many things too look at.

Even in a warmer area it can be nice to have your first couple of underwater experiences in a pool or other controlled area. It gives you a safe space, free of distractions, to focus on learning and perfecting the skills you will need out in the open.
Have fun!

Greetings Kjvander and I like your attitude! With your type determination to improve your skills and become the best diver you can the pool offers training opportunity. Never under estimate the value of pool dives, it is a perfect time for new things and new gear.
A personal favorite game of mine is the mask tag. Another is everyone tosses their mask in the middle then all retrieve their own mask. It gets a little confusing when some have the same kind but fun will be had by all as well as mask skills reviewed.
Pool dives are what you make them, plan and execute the plan using the time wisely.
There are many who overlook the possibilities of good pool training with purpose but not us! Keep up the superior attitude and save up for a dry suit, you will not regret it!
Good luck and safe diving to you!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I guess people always want what they don't have. I have some relatively warm ocean a few blocks away that I would like to trade for a weekly dip in the pool. Oh well.

yes i completely agree that the pool holds a great way to get a lot of training and practice done....I am looking forward to finding a pool when ever I can. I will always find an excuse to get wet and play in the water....i have said it other places in this forum....if there is ever a day that comes that i feel that i can't learn something or i have perfected everything....the what ever that is will soon turn to boredom....so i always go out and try to learn something new every day and will always practice things because you can always get better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom