Port Sanilac/Lake Huron 10-12-08 Best day evah!~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today was a day that dreams are made of.

Went diving with Bruno's again and it just gets better and better. The weather is really holding out this year. It was in the mid 70's and the lake was flat! Doesn't feel like mid-October at all. Today there were students on board, some canadian divers, and a lot of fun divers. Met a new buddy in the process and he turned out to be a treat. AND he ate a ton of my blueberry muffins. Gotta love a guy you can buy with food. :D

He was cool, a good diver AND he looks sneaky.
Randy.jpg

First dive was on the Charles S Price. A 500ft upside-down freighter complete with a swim-thru. 75 ft deep and a balmy 60degrees. Fantastic. We tooled around the gigantic prop, ducked into the swim-thru, and took a leisurely swim about 150 ft toward the bow. Its torn open quite a bit so, plenty to see. The students had a check out dive on this one.

So, here's the tank deal. I had 2 Steel 80's and 1 Steel 100. After deliberating what sites to do... I used a 80 the first dive, my 100 the 2nd and 3rd, and a 80 on the 4th.

The 2nd dive was also the Price so, Phil and I took a leisurely stroll to the bow and back. Took a side jaunt to the swim-thru then, came up. It was lovely.

On the way to the Stern...
Price-1.jpg

And here you can see us coming up to the prop
Price2-1.jpg

I had Phil take this to show how freak'n huge the prop is. And I look good in a wetsuit.:D
Prop.jpg

Inside the swim thru.
Price4-1.jpg

Here's a couple towards the bow.
Price6-1.jpg

Price7.jpg

Price8.jpg

This one is cool as it shows the impact of the boat when it sank. The bottom is the boat.
Price3-1.jpg

At the beginning of the 2nd dive, my camera flooded just a little but, that was it for pics.

The 3rd dive was the Sport. An oldie but a goodie. 45 ft deep and also in the 60's. The students finished their OW dives. I used the 2nd 1/2 of my 100 so, just took a nice stroll around and came up. Great vis but, not as good as Price.

The last and 4TH DIVE of the day was The North Star. 95ft and definately in the mid to high 50's. Creepy green foggy vis but, an awesome dive. This was my first time on it and I plan to do it again. Was hard to see the different parts from the creepy green vis but, found our way around and loved it! I need to get a map of that one.

Thanx to the crew for letting us squeeze in 4 dives! They are a fun crew.

Getting us to the dive sites safely and efficiently....Capt'n Paul.
CaptPaul.jpg

And the other guys....:D Happy Crew makes Happy Divers.
Keith.jpg

Brunos.jpg

It was a great day for diving all over it seems. Weather could not have been better. Did my last charter (sad to say) yesterday over here in Chicagoland. Went to the Material Service and the Tacoma. The Tacoma dive turned into a night dive!. Not the best viz, but enjoyable.

We are gonna try for one more next weekend!!

Greetings tiggrr, I am jealous of your dives. It is a awesome thing to experience first hand, "be there" at those wrecks. It really helps a person understand the gravity of the people on board what there last moments or struggle to survive would have been like.
My wife and I joined the Three rivers dive club for some Lake Huron wreck dives with Brunos. We had a good time and plan to return in the spring. However I will be diving doubles and able to spend a little more time hanging out! I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity. Cool pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them.
When we were on our dives the green haze was really cool, in some of our local dive sites we experience the same conditions. I assume you were diving wet? We were diving dry and glad for it! I hope you got to get your dives in the next week end also.
Safe diving and keep posting those cool pictures!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

It really helps a person understand the gravity of the people on board what there last moments or struggle to survive would have been like.

It took a long time for that aspect of wreck diving to really sink in. It wasn't until we found a boot on the John Breden did I start to really think about what the people on board really went through.

You try and picture what the Great Storm of 1913 was like but, it is just too large to comprehend. It would be like trying to imagine what getting hit by the eye of the hurricane is like. You just wouldn't know until you were in it.

Cool stuff! I'm sure we'll see you next Spring out there with Bruno's. :D

Back
Top Bottom