Portage Quarry - August 24/25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm headed down to Portage this weekend (8/23-25) for some camping and diving. If anyone would like to join in on the fun, let me know.

The event was organized by my local club and there will be family and kids. Besides Portage's topside non-diving entertainment we'll have along some lawn games and the like. & we'll be making Smores with Reeses Cups given the SIR guru won't be there! :wink:

Paula

I will be there with a large group of kids from all over the Big10. WE have about 20 kids coming in from different Big 10 schools to dive.

brutus_scuba:
I will be there with a large group of kids from all over the Big10. WE have about 20 kids coming in from different Big 10 schools to dive.

Fun! I'll be the one with the Blue and Maize camp chairs with rockers. & I can usually be found walking around with my insulated Michigan mug.

Is there a good way to recognize your group?

Paula

p.s. Forgot - my club's banner will be up. Ford Sea Lancers with a dolphin

I had heard you were a Meatchicken. My group will be with the couple that has the first trailer behind the red shed across from the beach. My car will be there a 96' Monte Carlo as well as a Silver Toyota truck. I'm gonna call Jeff and see if we can reserve the first few grass spots next to the beach on the water since well have a lot of tent campers.

If I think of a characterstic that makes my group more destinctive I'll let ya know.

Mentalmarine and I plan on getting there Friday evening for a night dive and a couple of dives on Saturday.

marshallkarp:
Mentalmarine and I plan on getting there Friday evening for a night dive and a couple of dives on Saturday.

A couple of us will be geing there Friday afternooon and another diver Friday early evening. We plan on a night dive Friday as well.

Look forward to meeting you.

Paula

Darn! I will be passing by earlier on Friday (noon or so) on my way to Port Sanilac, MI for Saturday dives. Don't know if anyone will be there that early or if I can catch a dive Saturday night. Hope you all have a good time!

Paula,

You'll be happy to know that I received word today from that school up north that wears maize and blue. They will have 5 divers present at the Portage as part of our group this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom