Porteau Cove Incident July 31, 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Discussion of new incident split off from old thread located here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...at-happened-thread-porteau-cove-accident.html

Sorry
I was lead to believe that a person had an accident at Porteau Cove just 2 weekends ago.
Very little info is being released as well
I am NOT sure there was a fatality but saw this post and mistakenly thought that this was the incident.

Pardon me for me boo boo!
I do hope there wasn't a fatality then as well

Thanks for correcting me
99 North

You know this happened 6+ years ago right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry
I was lead to believe that a person had an accident at Porteau Cove just 2 weekends ago.
Very little info is being released as well
I am NOT sure there was a fatality but saw this post and mistakenly thought that this was the incident.

Pardon me for me boo boo!
I do hope there wasn't a fatality then as well

Thanks for correcting me
99 North
There WAS an incident this past weekend at Porteau but obviously not related to the one that happened over six years ago.

I know of some details of the aftermath but not of if the diver survived or not.

So there was an incident at Porteau Cove and we all know it but why are the details so hard to come by

I have a good friend in Squamish search and rescue who I will call tomorrow and see if I can obtain any details from.

Stay tuned

As we ( my wife and I) dive Porteau often I am curious as to what happened and if it could have been avoided totally
99 north

Thanks Cave Diver!

Last edited:
word on the street is problem occured at the end of the dive during ascent.... rescuers used CPR/ 02 ... there was some well trained folks there and they did well.. no word as of the condition of the diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom