Poseidon 1st stage yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rimp

Contributor
Reaction score
I just paid a retarded amount of money to have my Poseidon first and second stages serviced along wiht my beuchat second stage reg. When i got it home I discovered the hoses are all plugged into the wrong ports on the first stage.. thats easy to fix, but there is a second problem now. The yoke that
attaches to the tank and then to the first stage no longer swivels like it used to. If I attempt to swivel it, it unscrews from the first stage. It took almost no pressure to unscrew it.

This can't be correct. Did this dive shop screw up my first stage now?

Anyone out there have a Poseidon first stage with a K valve yoke that can tell me if your yoke is supposed to swivel or not?

Obviously I can't dive with it like this until I know it's correctly
assembled.

Thanks.

Doug.

Rimp:
I just paid a retarded amount of money to have my Poseidon first and second stages serviced along wiht my beuchat second stage reg. When i got it home I discovered the hoses are all plugged into the wrong ports on the first stage.. thats easy to fix, but there is a second problem now. The yoke that
attaches to the tank and then to the first stage no longer swivels like it used to. If I attempt to swivel it, it unscrews from the first stage. It took almost no pressure to unscrew it.

Anyone out there have a Poseidon first stage with a K valve yoke that can tell me if your yoke is supposed to swivel or not?

assembled.

Thanks.

Doug.

Poseidon is known for unusually expensive parts charges. You might be better off switching to something else like Scubapro or Apeks.

leadweight:
Poseidon is known for unusually expensive parts charges. You might be better off switching to something else like Scubapro or Apeks.

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind, but I want to get this gear working so i can attempt to wear it out over the next few years. Once that occurs I likely will replace it.

All I need is for someone that has a Poseidon first stage, to tell me if their yoke turns, or does it unscrew when you attempt it?

Rimp:

assembled.

Thanks.

Doug.

i have one and mine swivels and very easly at that.

Frank Kohler:
i have one and mine swivels and very easly at that.

Thank you Frank. Thats what I wanted to hear.

I will take it back to the shop today. They must have either assembled it incorrectly, or used the wrong kit parts. My guess is they assembled it wrong.

I have the service manual for this reg, but i'm not sure from the diagrams how the pieces are supposed to fit together.

Thanks.

Doug.

Rimp:
Thank you Frank. Thats what I wanted to hear.

I will take it back to the shop today. They must have either assembled it incorrectly, or used the wrong kit parts. My guess is they assembled it wrong.

I have the service manual for this reg, but i'm not sure from the diagrams how the pieces are supposed to fit together.

Thanks.

Doug.

np glad i could help.

Rimp:

assembled.

Thanks.

Doug.

I have never seen a Poseidon w/ a yoke fitting. All the ones I have & seen are DIN w/ a yoke adapter.

But then the only models I have seen are the Odin and new Extremes. (no one around here uses any of the other models)

I've got a Poseidon yoke adapter that I've occasionally used on my odin and xstream. My adapter just screws onto my din fitting on the reg, and then the whole thing spins around as normal. So yep, mine swivels.

Omicron:
I've got a Poseidon yoke adapter that I've occasionally used on my odin and xstream. My adapter just screws onto my din fitting on the reg, and then the whole thing spins around as normal. So yep, mine swivels.

Yes, thats how I remember this working prior to the service "fixes". It doesn't make sense to me that it would bind everything down tight when i screw the yoke on (the way it is currently). Also, I wouldn't want it to unscrew slightly in the middle of a dive when I turn my head or something. That would be a disaster.

I need to be able to clamp this thing down nice and snug onto the DIN fitting and still have some motion to it.

I do know that when I REALLY crank my regulators down (like when I really screw my reg tight into my tanks) it won't swivel. It seems that when I really tighten 'em down, it tightens up enough to "lose" the swivel.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom