Poseidon Aquasport circa 1960

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regulator bj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Came across the att. foto of an "Aquasport" with a strange reserve valve fitted can any body throw any info on the internal spec. POSEIDON AQUASPOPRT WITH RESERVE VALVE  1.jpgPOSEIDON AQUASPORT WITH RESERVE VALVE 1960.jpgPOSEIDON AQUASPORT.jpg

That is just an early Poseidon Cyklon regulator. It is attached to a reserve mechanism that was just an add on. The knurled connection is just the screw on portion of the DIN fitting (it wasn't called a DIN fitting back then).

The first stage is the same as the later Cyklon 300 (it was designed for 330 bar). I used to own one of those regulators.

---------- Post added March 25th, 2013 at 07:51 PM ----------

Here is a picture of the same first stage with a DIN to yoke adapter. I am referring to the short first stage (with no second stage attached) on the right. The first stage gas no HP port and the only LP port is the one that the second stage is attached to.

The other two first stages are the Cyklon 300 with the HP port and two extra LP port (maybe 3, I would have to look).

The second stage on your (and the one I used to have) has the plastic exhaust cover versus the very early metal cover.

I still have several Cyklon 300, but I wish I still had that older Cyklon regulator. It is not a very practical regulator, but it is an interesting conversation piece.

DSCN2359.jpg

The reserve mechanism is basically the same as in my set of doubles in this picture.

Picture008.jpg

I have a catalog page showing that reserve mechanism, but I would need to scan it.

I have diagrams and service manuals for the regulator and I probably also have diagrams for the reserve valve. If you would like copies I can probably scan it, but it may take a few days before I can get to it.

Here is another picture of the reserve mechanism built into my Poseidon double manifold. Notice that the connection from the manifold to each individual tank valve is also a DIN connection. It allows the diver to separate the doubles (with the tanks full) and dive them as singles.

When you dive them as single is when you can then add that reserve mechanism between the tank valve and the regulator.

DSCN2346.jpg

---------- Post added March 25th, 2013 at 08:30 PM ----------

I did have a scan of that catalog page. The reserve mechanism is item 1076.

DIN1977_4-1_zps0fe88cf8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures.

That is probably one of the oldest ones I have seen. Then again, they were introduced in 1957, so I guess they can't get much older then that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom