poseidon valves in pinnacle suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishgogo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
hi there i'm about to start a commercial diving course and am looking at drysuits. I found one that caught my eye online it's a pinnacle evolution 2 but was wondering if the stock si tech valves can be replaced with poseidon valves as this is what my school wants me to have. Pinnacle themselves were not sure. Any input would be much appreciated thanks

I guess my first comment is as gaining experience in any field, you learn hardware is hardware. Diving equipment is like no other manufactured stuff, other than some of it concerns life support. Some is good, some is cheap horrible crap buried in wishful 'brilliant' re engineering, cost reductions and marketing bells and whistles rendering it useless. Anything can be rearranged at will and to your whim when also considering warrantees and liability, and ultimate functionality. If you are unsure of what you do, stay away from any life support anything, period. If you are confident in your abilities (this is not an attitude thing -it's a skill with experience), by all means change whatever you want anyway you want it, you take the responsibility. Many will not agree with this because they think they need to be responsible for you AND they don't get to take your money.
As far as your question here, presently, Poseidon valves are made by sitech -notice the similarity? I'm interested in your question because I swear by old style Poseidon valves, and do not like sitech valves at all (see my posts). What school said this and why?

Dear Irishgogo

If you have a Poseidon dry suit that has the Si-tech valves, you can replace those with the older style valves. The dimention of the hole where the valve goes is the same for a Si-Tech valve as for one of our old style valves.

But I do not know if the Pinnacle Evolution 2 suit has the same dimention on the holes that they use to mount the Si tech valves.

Jörgen Nilsson
Quality Manager - Poseidon Diving Systems AB

Back
Top Bottom