poseidon xtreme - comment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trimix2dive

Contributor
Reaction score
DIR / GUE your comments are welcome. Be friendly I also own several (4) zeagle/apex set-ups that comply.

After 15 years of jetstreams, 3 years ago I acquired some deep extremes - as my back gas regulators. I have never had issue with them from 287 feet and above with any configuration, gas, configuration, or environment. Note deco gasses were with jetstreams o2 clean with 15 years of service behind them.

For cave explorers, note I have never been past the sign. And currently do not have any ambition. Sorry its just not my thing currently. I would like your input on instructor because I believe it would be a unique experience. Try if once, if you don't like it don't do it again (motto to live by).

No dissing here, I respect you. Please be respectful of the feed back here.

Has anyone ever had a problem with this first or second stage combination since it was introduced. I have had none.

Any helpful input is appreciate for those who wish to learn. For those that are new or hardened, this should be a forum that teaches and educates. There is no agenda here.

Hi Trimix2dive,
My results are the same as yours. My 21 year Odin is still going strong and has been down as deep as you. I've upgraded to an XStream Duration about 5 years ago, and again the same, no failures. Another feature of both of these regulators is that I can also use them for Ice Diving (environmental cap on the Odin) and they have never iced up. The major difference I've noticed between the Odin and XStream is that the XStream is less sensitive than the Odin in shallower waters. It's far less prone to "flutter" than the Odin. My only complaint isn't with the regulators, but Poseidon's US distributorship. They just can't seem to get it right.
Take care,
George

The distributor thing I can agree with. Although I heard they switched recently, and I havent had any dealings with the new group. Hopefully good stocks are available.

I have to echo the same here guys. I have both Odins and an Xstream Deep for years without fail. The only trouble has been obtaining service parts. I usually horde them when I find them.

While the Xstreams and Odins perform very well even in our usual Canadian winters, I do notice that the regs appear to breathe better at depth. An Xstream on 18/35 at 200' is just effortless...

Many of my buddies dive with Scubapro MK25 1st stages and several of them have trouble holding their intermediate pressure in the cold (due to icing). However, the new (relatively) Scubapro MK17 (sealed diaphram) 1st stage looks promising.

Poseidon still has my vote...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom