Possible Cause Of Free Flow At Twenty Feet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that is correct. tusa rs-790. two consecutive dives hour apart. first one was surprise. second one was curiosity.

Last edited:
Okay, so you stopped the free flow by closing the tank valve on the surface. Then I assume at some point you opened the valve again and the regs did not free flow? You took some breaths on them, they worked fine, went back in the water, everything was ok until 20 ft and it started again?

It's too bad you don't have them, I would tell you to pressurize them and let them sit for a while. It might not be the depth that's causing the freeflow, it might be time. Or did you try letting them sit pressurized for a while?

It looks like the tusa reg you have is basically a MK17 1st stage with a g250-sort of 2nd stage.

I don't believe it is a time issue. mainly because i was using them in the pool for two to three hours at a time. I absolutely love my tusa regs.. have never had an issue before this

Last edited:
It sure seems like something is causing the IP to spike as you descend, maybe awap's idea of something being amiss in the external diaphragm/pressure transfer piston arrangement.

I would expect my regs to be back from NC any time now. i will update. i tried posting the address for the video but it's not showing up. i'll keep playing with it.

Last edited:
Ok. So i received my regs back from servicing for the second time and was told that they couldn't find anything out of wack. these were the specs the second time around. test pressure-3000, IP-142, cracking primary-1.4,cracking AAS-2.0 So like the fool that i am, i grabbed my Pony and headed to the props of the Keystorm. two dives below 100ft and seven above forty and the regs performed flawlessly. the only environmental variation was water temp. 46 vs 75. I'm going to chalk this one up as SH@T happens. never get complacent!!! it's been a pleasure chatting with you folk's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom