Possible Dive Film in Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
New to Texas.

I work closely with the Houston Film Organization. Recently wrote a short, independent feature that is due for production probably in the fall, 'The Eddie Sanction'

Needs:

1) Divers willing to partcipate as extras, stuntmen, special effects help
2) Diver(s) with boat(s), small enough to take onto a major lake, enough to carry at least four people and gear
3) Location help -Since I'm new to the state, any Texas lakes that have islands?
4) Middle-aged diver that may actually possess decent acting skills.

Get back to me when you can, thanks

diverjed

1) I would be willing to participate.
2) I have a 14ft inflatable boat with a 40hp motor that can squeeze in 4 divers+gear. I also shoot u/w video.

4) I am approaching middle age (44), and I can act however you want me to, I have teenagers, I am used to putting on a show. (mostly goofy).

I live in the DFW area. Any idea where filming might take place?

All but one of the lakes in Texas are reservoirs, (The only natural lake is Caddo Lake, and half of it is in Lousiana) so we have what are referred to as 'sometimes' islands. When the lake is down, sometimes there is an island. With all of the rain we have had lately, you would be very hard pressed to find an island.

Actually, depending upon what kind of backdrop you looking for, Lake Broken Bow in SE Oklahoma would be good. It is a very pretty, tree lined lake with lots of small islands with trees on them. It usually has pretty good visibility as well.

Randy Cook
Grand Prarie, TX

I would be interested in learning more about your film project....I live in the DFW area as does Randy Cook (we actually know each other).

I would be able to let assistance in many ways in regards to scuba diving, its a passion of mine.

In terms of a natural lake setting with islands ....Broken Bow/SE Oklahoma would be on the top of a list....I dive there often, and they do have a great dive shop locally.

I am middle aged but have no acting background--lol.

Drop a PM if you need further information....and if you might provide a bit more detail as to the project.

:wink: Alan K.

diverjed:
4) Middle-aged diver that may actually possess decent acting skills.

Get back to me when you can, thanks

diverjed

Jed,
your search is over, get in touch with Frank AKA Timeliner on this board. http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=31303
He is perfect for the part. He is not cheap but he can be had.

Dave

Lake Travis is a good setting for this effort. Starnes Island is a true island, as opposed to a high spot in the lake. Also, Austin is home to hundred of divers and thousands of boat owners. And, look no further for "characters", Austin is full of them. Austin also has a significant film industry.

I'm interested! :D
I live in Houston, but I'm also in Austin almost every other weekend. Let me know more details when you have them.

H-Town diver (posted above) is my girlfriend. I live in Austin and we'd both be up for it! We can check w/ another diving couple we know that has a boat (although, he may have recently sold it...have to check....) Anyway, they might be interested too....

Back
Top Bottom