Possibly looking to purchase timeshare at Buddy Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thank you guys! This has been a lot of great information! I have a lot to look into.

Any Buddy Timeshare owners out there? Can you tell me your experience with this resort? and special assessments? if so, when and how often?

The problem with special assessments is that you never know when it's going to occur... Could be a boiler breakdown, fire, hurricane, labor strike anything that drives the operating expenses over income. As to the unit in question and the listing referenced by CBM 32 above, I made the call and discovered the listing is 3+ years outdated, the last contact with the owner was in 2010, doubt it is still available, but they would be more than happy to find me another listing in the NA.... yeah right.

Mike - 'better than I deserve' Dave was my favorite afternoon drive on XM, but they took his show off!

We own a timeshare in Grand Cayman. This is our 20th year of ownership. It has worked for us .... up to this point. The purchase price was something we could pay cash for (about 1/2 what they were originally asking.) The maintenance fee started at $350 a year. Not bad for a week in Grand Cayman for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, washer, dryer apartment. Now the maintenance fees are $925. Our vacation week is a floating week ( :thumb: ), so we can do anytime we like, except between Christmas week and New Years.

But, we've reached that point in life where I don't think we will be spending multiple weeks in the Caribbean and want more flexibility of location. I found Interval International to be worthless. They can't offer when the owners don't bank. So, you may end up exchanging a 2 BD, 2 BR apartment for an efficiency with minimal features, you still pay your maintenance fee and you pay an exchange fee. No thanks.

We'll just look for deals where ever we want to go.

BTW, according to our sales contract, if we do not pay our maintenance fees we lose our vacation privileges. But there is no mention of other remedies on their part for obtaining delinquent maintenance fees.

Even better, watch The Queen of Versailles. A crappy documentary about Siegel and his trophy dumb ass blonde wife that turns actually interesting when the real estate bubble bursts.

Even better, watch The Queen of Versailles. A crappy documentary about Siegel and his trophy dumb ass blonde wife that turns actually interesting when the real estate bubble bursts.

They are back on top you know!

LOL, I've watched that twice in the last 2 years, no wonder he sued the director, talk about dumb and dumber. Can anybody answer the reason why the richer you are the more chance there is for your dogs to poop all over your house?

One other site for you to look at. Go to Redweek.com and see what rentals go for in the area you want to vacation .If it isn't too much higher to rent than owm , go with the rentals.Jim Breslin

Took a few cheap Time-share vacations. I am required to take a tour. When they call make a am appointment on your last day. Tell them no more calls to then. When booking I tell them I have to week a there, not 3 days and for like $399- $699 I get a week in a 2 bedroom unit. + some dinner and tickets to something. I sit through the 3 hr tour and keep saying no. Prices start as high as $30,000 for a week and by the end they are offer me a "repo" for $3-$5,000 as I leave. I never buy! sucker bets are not for me.

One new part of the scam even when you pay off the purchase, if you stop paying yearly fees they will sue you. You cannot give it back, you cannot stop paying, or stop going, the yearly fees are collected even after you pay off the purchase price. You to the day you and your spouse die owe the maintenance fees. They will never repo it and let out of them. That is why many have to pay someone to take their timeshare and willing do so. I rent vacation homes or villas lots of sites to do so, never fall this trap.

Back
Top Bottom