post Olivia conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We'll be arriving in Kona Saturday after Olivia passes through. I'm *guessing* that the runoff from the storm will cause some silting and viz problems for a while?

How long is a while? A few days, a week?

Of course, for someone coming from "OMG 20 ft viz!! WOOOHOOO!" land, I'm still expecting great diving :)

(Everyone stay safe and dry!)

Kinda hard to answer before it hits. The last one pummeled Hilo with rain but left Kona pretty dry. It was supposed to pummel Oahu but stopped dead in its tracks.

We had a bad storm on Oahu in April with tons of rain. 2-3 days after boats had to get out to the deeper sites to find clear water, but once we got there you’d hardly know anything happened. And of course it varies by each part of the island.

With Olivia expected to hit tomorrow, I’m not too concerned about my plans to dive this weekend. If she decides to slow down and hang out then who knows...

Basically nothing happened here in Maui.

And I saw they even lifted the tropical storm warning for the big island and Kauai before it even got there...

Glad it was less "exciting" than the last one! I've heard that 'way north Kauai is still digging out and rebuilding.

Water doesn’t look to bad just driving around south Maui, and we supposedly took the brunt of what turned out to be another rainy day.

I guess I spoke too soon - half of O'ahu has a brown water advisory through Saturday afternoon. Dive club is cancelled this weekend but the south side boats shouldn't be affected. I didn't see any related advisories for the Big Island though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom