Posted this in the NC regional forum.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw it there first and threw in a little back up message.

You can tell the weather is crappy in NC as you are on the computer in the middle of the day too...

Yep, and will be that way through the weekend. I have a busy 4th weekend. Maybe this will bust up and nice weather will return by mid week. But my ass is still chapped by that no show. His name is Anton Devries...beware. Really screwed me because I had to stay in Wrightsville one more day to accommodate him. Then he stiffed me and will not answer my emails or calls.

Easy to remember name, thanks. I hope he had a very good reason that he screwed you. You will eventually get in touch with him one way or another. There's always old fashioned us mail and an official looking request for payment. But getting any compensation is another issue. Good luck.

This weather cost me five days already. At least I am almost all caught up on the boat issues!

Outstanding post there James. I just got burned 2 weeks ago with a private trip. A couple wanted to rent the boat and on the day of the trip, no call/no show and had to turn other customers away. I didn't take a deposit, so that's on me. Deposits are required now. I have that stated on my website, but have been pretty loose with the policy and it bit me in the A.

People are funny. This past weekend's charter, the dive shop that booked me called 3 days before asking if tanks and fills were included. I said no, but I can rent steel 120's fill with 30%. He said, "oh that is a problem because we told the customers they were." Apparently the shop only had AL80s. I told him it was up to them if they wanted to bring tanks or rent mine. 3 people asked me for tanks. After the charter, the group leader gave me a check for the charter that did not include the tanks. He said it was up to the individuals to pay for them. I had to track them down in the parking lot to get payment and they acted put out to have to pay for the rentals. 1 of the divers didn't do a 2nd dive and I was nice enough to only charge him for one tank.

I like to hope it was an oversight on their part, but I don't think it was. In their defense, they group tipped the crew really well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom