posting photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Nudibranch1.jpg

Wristshot:
Not sure how to do this
Not sure how to do which? Your Thumbnail loaded fine. Are you trying to post a full panel pic like in the first post here...?

To post an actual size pic, you have to post the code for that pic stored in a gallery, like he did. Click the Reply button and you'll see this code...

[im g]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/Nudibranch1.jpg[/img]
(I added a space inside "img" so the characters would show rather than the pic) :)

Don,

Sorry to seem so naive, but I tried doing that (sort of) yesterday (BTW I do understand HTML Tags etc) but I was trying to post from within my PC. Does that work also, or does it have to be withing the "www.scubaboard.com" realm in order to work?

Wristshot

Wristshot:
Don,

Sorry to seem so naive, but I tried doing that (sort of) yesterday (BTW I do understand HTML Tags etc) but I was trying to post from within my PC. Does that work also, or does it have to be withing the "www.scubaboard.com" realm in order to work?

Wristshot
sjspeck posted a good reply to you in my thread, this forum that explains well why what you tried there didn't work.

You can post images from your computer directly to a thumbnail in forums, but you cannot post direct from computer to imbedd in post or PM. You have to store them in a gallery. See his explanation... :)

Don (et al)

Thanks for the assistance and the explanations. I think that I have it now.

I purposely did not handle this through PMs so that others with the same questions could find the answers.

Now if I just had some pictures worth posting!

Wristshot

Wristshot:
Now if I just had some pictures worth posting!

Heck, that didn't stop me. I posted my own pic here on the testing forum, just to see how the posting worked, and I am pretty sure that no one would say it was worth posting. It's just testing.

But here's something funny? This shirt is stored on Photobucket with 4433 bytes, but loads with 8196 bytes...???
SBPolo.jpg

This is on PB at 4698 bytes, and loads that way...???
CheapT.jpg

I suppose that any site can be utitlized? Here's one from my AOL album - poor lighting that it was when I shot it. (It's the last vehicle I rolled, which I kept out behind my farmhouse for 10 years to remind me to drive better. I move to town last month, but the hamlet would not let me bring it.)

Hmmm, no that did not work...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom