Posting threads cause crashes. Anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have had this problem for months, but have never inquired about it. Often I will type a post, but upon hitting submit OR preview, it will cause an instantaneous IE crash. Does anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts on why? I do not have problems with crashes otherwise.... just with my ScubaBoard posts. Sometimes I have spent lots of time on a post and it is gone in an instant. Arghhh!

Thanks for your input! Let's see if it crashes now as I press 'submit'.

Does this happen every time (I would assum not since you made this post but it could be another browser...)? What is your operating system and browser version?

Tech Admin:
Does this happen every time (I would assum not since you made this post but it could be another browser...)? What is your operating system and browser version?

Good morning Tech Admin!

I use only this one computer and it probably happens 75% of the time. I am running XP Home and IE 6.0.2800.1106. I regularly do all the updates, etc. The strange part is that it does not happen anywhere else... just here on ScubaBoard.

Ok, are you using the quick reply box or the full page reply box? I have made a little change to your account to show you a plain toolbar version, that might help with the problem but I'd doubt it.

Also, I will be unable to respond to your post for a day or two as I am leaving Brazil tonight to return to Orange County (hello neighbor) on the 6th.

Tech Admin:
Ok, are you using the quick reply box or the full page reply box? I have made a little change to your account to show you a plain toolbar version, that might help with the problem but I'd doubt it.

Also, I will be unable to respond to your post for a day or two as I am leaving Brazil tonight to return to Orange County (hello neighbor) on the 6th.

I usually use the quote reply, but this problem occurs with new posts also. I don't see the plain toolbar version, but it can wait til after you return. Have a safe trip!

Back
Top Bottom