Postprocessing, automatic depth color compensation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nibl

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any postprocessing software where you can input a depth timeline (from dive computer) that automatically adjust the color depending on depth?

Not for what I know. I believe that depth is not an accurate indicator to white balance underwater footage. There are processing sw that allow you to enter setpoint at different time positions of the whole footage and then can interpolate in between. The GoPro Studio for example is able to do this. Because I usually have many shorter footage segments I down't know if there is a limit in the number of setpoints.

I supported this camera on Kickstarter: Paralenz - Underwater action camera - Waterproof to 200 meters

Automatic depth-controlled white balance adjustments are one of its touted features. I'm a little skeptical, but since I'm interested in the camera anyway, doubts about whether it will work did not dissaude me from supporting it. They're shipping the tester units soon and we're supposed to give feedback and send footage so they can tweak the white balance adjustments in firmware.

I'm not aware of any plugins for stills or video that will accept depth as a parameter. Some people do publish presets for PS or Premiere, like this: Filtros para Adobe Premiere CS6 e CC - Gustavo Vier photo & video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom