Potential State Park Closures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it would result in full closure of the parks.

Didn't see Lobos on the list at least. Hopefully we all had the collective wisdom to vote for the right people to solve the budget crisis, but it's not looking too good right now. Would a state park closure mean no access or just no staffing?

That list is Bay Area only and doesn't go as far south as Monterey.

Lobos IS on the list.

Closure would mean no access.

So who knows what can be done to prevent the closure of Point Lobos?

Well the first thing would be to contact your state representatives.

I have a feeling the governor is putting forth a huge list with the intention of haggling it down. So the key thing would be making arguments for particular parks while realizing that some parks will probably end up getting closed.

Doesn't Lobos have an extensive research area? I'd contact those people to help get involved also.

Didn't see Lobos on the list at least. Hopefully we all had the collective wisdom to vote for the right people to solve the budget crisis, but it's not looking too good right now. Would a state park closure mean no access or just no staffing?

There is no such thing as collective wisdom.

Doesn't Lobos have an extensive research area? I'd contact those people to help get involved also.

About 80% of the ocean area of Pt. Lobos State Reserve is closed
to recreational diving. However, it is not a research area per se.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom