Praise - MyPhotoPipe.com - Pro Images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, here goes...

After reading information here in the forum, I chose to try MyPhotoPipe.com in order to print larger images than my 11x14 color laser printer would print...

I chose to try... myPhotopipe : Home : The online print lab for serious digital photographers nationwide. as a possible partner in printing art for the SCUBA masses. The following is my first experience (as an amateur in underwater photography)

I downloaded and installed their Java software (downloaded from their site... ROES), which allows me to choose all options from gloss to mat, print to canvas to etc... in any dimension and set my images as I want them to appear... They even offered framing at additional pricing... AND... white label if you are a business producing these images and framing for your customer

I enter my information and set my credit card#, then I send them off to the printers...

1st Note: Be sure there are no sub-levels in your folders when you select images to process (Example: I have some images in "edit" folders under their main folders for posting to the Internet [with the same image information as the original. other than size]... polished and reduced in size for better Internet distribution... Those images are also processed for the Java software without giving you the size of the image, or the sub-folder information... nor do they indicate the image is reduced in any way...)

One of my pictures was too small and pixelated for printing in a large format (Formatted for Internet posting, etc...)... Luckily, they informed me of my mistake (in a very professional way) and asked if I had a better version of the image, or if I wanted to cancel it, and proceed with the other image...

I understood almost immediately what happened, and tried to send the "larger" format image through email (12MB)... I alerted them that I probably couldn't email an image that large through my email provider... They gave me an easy way to upload the image through their Java software and gave me the information to add so I wasn't charged for adding an image to the current purchase...

I was notified, almost immediately, that the new image was in perfect condition for printing to the larger format...

Two hours later I was informed by email that the two images I sent were being shipped via UPS ground (2-5 days), and provided a tracking#...

I live in Fl. and they have a center in Atlanta. They sent the package on Thursday, and I received it on Friday... Certainly more than I expected! (They have another center, but... of course, I wasn't interested in that one...)

UPS delivered on Friday, and the package was damaged. Their delivery driver noted the box damage when he delivered the package. I opened it immediately and noted the puncture went through the box and through my prints :shakehead:

The images I sent to them were the exact images they sent back, enlarged to my specifications, and were presented on archival print paper ready for framing without image loss due to enlargement! (Yes, the images sent were 5MB or larger)

I alerted Myphotopipe.com of the issue and requested assistance for the next step via email...

I received email almost instantaneously that my pictures were being re-processed and that they would be processed exactly as before and would be expedited to me immediately!

I expect to hear from them, or UPS in the future due to the damage from UPS, but there was no mention of anything I needed to do... They seem only interested in getting me the order I originally placed...

I have nothing but praise for MyPhotoPipe.com... They exceeded my expectations for my first order through their web interface!
===

There is only one difference I might make to images in the future, and that would be to print images exactly as sent. I have a 1gig video card and can see a multitude of colors through that video. MyPhotoPipe.com offers "Color Correction" for $1.00 per image... I will probably not add color correction to future orders.

In total: MyphotoPipe.com was extremely professional and I have 20 additional photos I am going to submit for enlargement (At this time, Micheal's has 50% off frames... It's TIME!)
===
P.S. I unrolled the "prints" in front of the local UPS employees to show them the damage... The woman ordered one of the prints immediately and the male ordered the other... Both paid for them immediately, and wanted them framed... OMG!

MyPhotoPipe.com sent the images via UPS, and enclosed them in a two part package to be sure I received them undamaged!

The first was a gift for my girlfriend. She took the picture in June, 2006 on/under Saba...

PICT00268.jpg

Image was edited beyond the "Internet" state, and enlarged to 24x30...
No pixelation, archival paper and a professional look. What more can you ask for?

I submitted a second image I took in Jupiter Fl. on the wreck "Bonaire"...
PICT0044.jpg

I had this up-sized to 16x20 on the same paper (Yes, edited beyond "Internet" quality as well)

Cost of both prints and shipping was less than $51.00

Yes, I have more images to send, and will also be using their "print-on-canvas, stretch-onto-frame" service for some future images.

Note this as... Very impressed with the quality and price of service!

Back
Top Bottom