Pre 2008 Titan good enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it was in part your posts re this first and second stage combination that has landed me here. I have tools and parts for numerous models and it's becoming a headache. Have decided to just use Titan and Conshelf firsts with BAs and G250s given their combined performance is excellent.

I do have some new metal consheld 14s paired with an Apeks US4 for travel purposes, neither can be broken and both can be completely rebuilt simply and with minimum tools.

Am currently trying find some chi with some D400s but they don't seem to like me.

Merry Christmas Luis.

@Luis H

If you have a photo handy of a conshelf you've added the Titan dry kit to I'd love to see one as am considering converting mine just not sure how I'd like the look given satin on chrome and the kits are costing me around $55 each. Thank you.

Obviously looks is very subjective, but I personally like the combination of shiny and satin chrome. I have intentionally combined vintage double hose regulator body and cans to get a more interesting combination. But again it is very subjective. And to me functionality always takes precedence (by far).

The dry environmental seal has a shiny outer ring anyways, so you will always have the combination of shiny and satin if you get the environmental seal even with the Titan.

This is my next door neighbors regulator. I just added dry environmental chambers to her and her husbands regulators (he has a Titan).

I should have mention that most of my friends dive Conshelf derivative regulators. Many dive actual Conshelf and Scubapro 156 seconds (if they want easy access to service). That yellow thing is her octopus, it is simple and reliable (if the case doesn't crack).

DSCN5933.JPG

Hanging here are about 9 Conshelf with dry environmental chambers (and a couple of Titan). All these regulators are configured for different applications (my wife owns the three or four on the far end, including the two Titans). I have a few more Conshelf, but I think you can tell my preference.

The only regulators that do not have the dry environmental chamber are those that I use for utility on the bench, to inflate car tires, or one that I have set up for surface supply diving with an 100 foot hose.

DSCN5934.JPG

Thank you very much, my preference is dry sealed and aesthetically I can live with that combination. I'll order a couple more kits. I'm guessing I'll need to replace the slotted adjustment screw and use a hex Titan one? The kit doesn't come with that screw.

The kit comes with all the needed parts including a new spring, adjustment screw, and HP diaphragm.

I should point out that the IP follows the actual ambient pressure with this dry environmental chamber. I have tested it using a wet IP gauge and this is not an overbalanced (actually over pressure compensated) chamber.

Quite the collection you have.

Thanks

Those are actually my work horses. Well my Argonauts DH are the real work horses.

This is my actual collection. On the sides are some real vintage single hose regulators.
It is actually not much of a collection, but there are a few interesting pieces that have a good story behind them.

DSCN0581.JPG

DSCN0584.JPG

DSCN0585.JPG

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

Last edited:
The kit comes with all the needed parts including a new spring, adjustment screw, and HP diaphragm.

I should point out that the IP follows the actual ambient pressure with this dry environmental chamber. I have tested it using a wet IP gauge and this is not an overbalanced (actually over pressure compensated) chamber.

Re the kits, my supplier only sells the pieces, not an actual kit, for use with Titan so no adjustment screw or spring as they are not needed. On a Conshelf I knew I needed adjuster screw but was unaware I'd need a spring too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom