Pre-New Year's Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonDawg

Contributor
Reaction score
After a VERY busy last few months, I'm itching to get wet again. I have all day Thursday and Friday before Christmas off, and all day Thursday and Friday morning before New Year's off...anybody interested in diving?

Of course.

lets do it. Where? When? One tank or two?

Heck, I'll do all 4 days, 2 tanks each, if you're game for it. Have to make up for some lost time :wink: Of course, with my SAC rate 2 tanks for me is what, about 3/4 tank for you? :11:

Also, I can do either morning or afternoon dives on any day except Friday the 31st, which will have to be a morning dive only (have to work a DUI enforcement sweep that night).

Since it's been a while (mid-September) since I last dove I figure doing some easy dives at first, then assuming my skills haven't gone totally downhill do something a bit more challenging.

I have the same days off, and two full tanks in the garage, and the weather this Thurs thru Sun is supposed to be gorgeous. Count me in.

Wetsand is again predicting some big NW swells peaking here Fri and Sat, from a system hitting Hawaii today and tomorrow. But they're also predicting 36 ft. swells in Hawaii today, but the locals are saying they're getting only 18footers. So again we'll take Wetsand with a grain of...wet sand. We might want to do some south facing beaches just in case.

My next door neighbor's friend went surfing last Friday in the "big" swells. They think that since he is still here, he may live, but that is still somewhat iffy. Multiple fractures, spine jammed into the back of the brain, partial drowning etc. Sad situation all around.

So that said, lets do go diving and, uh, lets avoid any large waves.

So if it is south facing beaches we want that would be:
Malibu Road
Leo Carillo
Long Point (old Marineland)
Deadmans Reef
Crescent Bay
Shaws Cove and a host of others.

I have two tanks (got to get a fill in the morning. Darn thing just don't seem to hold air. I keep filling them every week and in a day or two one or more is down 1000-1900 PSI. Can't figure it out. :eyebrow:

Slight change in plans...just got a court subpoena (for a DUI case from THREE years ago) for Thursday the 30th, so that morning (and possibly afternoon) is out of the question.

Pasley...got your PM, will call you tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom