Predator -> Petrel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterVV

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I really like the news about the new predator but I am just sorry that I just bought another new Predator a short time before the news were released. So I now have a Predator SA with four dives on it and would really like the new one. Are there any changeout for a fee like with the Pursuit?
Since the new one is even cheaper it would cost me hundreds of dollars to sell the old one used and get the new one.

They answered in another forum the day the announcement was made. There is no trade in program or way to upgrade. You will just have to sell the Predator and buy a Petrel.

Hi Peter,

I am sorry, we did miss your question. Don is right though. There is no trade in program to the Petrel. The Predator series is not discontinued or abandoned. We continue to ship Predators on a daily basis from stock and just released a new version. V46 and release notes are now posted on our website. The Predator was, and still is, one of the best tech dive computers available on the market.

Lynn

Ok, I am a bit sorry to hear that. There is no way I am going to sell at a loss. I just wish I had waited a few weeks to buy the computer.

The situation is no different from most other products such as cell phones, computers, Etc. The Petrel is not that much smaller. They both are still bricks.

I have both computers, they are both equally incredible, and trust me - you are not missing much. The best thing about the Petrel is that it can use any AA size battery - Other than that, compared to the Predator, I would be happy with either computer. I dive them at the same time many times, and they function identically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom