Preflash with Nikon SB-105 and Heinrichs-Weikamp Digital Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Nikon SB-105 flash. I purchased a *very* inexpensive point and shoot camera: Intova CP-9. I would like to connect my SB-105 to this camera using a Heinrichs-Weikamp Digital Adapter (despite the fact that the adapter costs three times as much as the camera...).

My question is this: is the SB-105 worth investing the money into? I've heard some people say that you can get perfect TTL results with preflash, and others say that the camera cannot recycle fast enough to handle both the preflash and the main flash, so the pictures are either underexposed or overexposed.

If you have used the Digital Adapter with an SB-105, can you please tell me how it worked out for you? I would hate to spend half the money of a new digital flash to try to make my old SB-105 work unless I could get excellent performance.

There is no dobut that it is vastly simpler to just buy the digital fiash. If you want to tell me to do that, fine. But what I'm really looking for is user reports on how well the Digital Adapter worked (or did not work) with the SB-105.

Thank you very much for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom