Prescription Mask Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wont go into the condescending tone of the response but the whole 'irrational' fear part like some of those you mention isnt irrational as much as a flu is irrational... or cancer. Its brain chemistry and psychology and psychiatry exist because of it.

That said, I actually do have advanced keratoconus in the right eye and 'mid' level on my left so there is that too.

You're equating fear of putting a contact lens in your eye with... the flu or cancer?

You can't possibly be serious.

As far as Kconus goes, contact lenses often provide better vision than eyeglasses because they create a new refractive surface for the eye which compensates for the irregular cornea, especially in the early stages.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information.

I managed to get hold of a pair of Aqualung masks with stock lenses that work well enough. Not quite as good as my contact lenses or glasses but well enough to see clearly.

You're equating fear of putting a contact lens in your eye with... the flu or cancer?

You can't possibly be serious.

As far as Kconus goes, contact lenses often provide better vision than eyeglasses because they create a new refractive surface for the eye which compensates for the irregular cornea, especially in the early stages.

Wow. Sounds so much like idocsteve. Same condescending know it all attitude. Relax dude, it’s OK if someone has a hangup about putting things on their eyes. No need to be nasty about it.

I am planning on buying stock lenses at the moment as I am in country with no access to custom made lenses.
Why is that? We live in Canada and my divebuddy mails a mask bought locally that fits her and a prescription off to the Unted States. She gets a custom prescription mask back in a few weeks.

Sometimes she has to pay import duties. But she can now see the fishees.

Why is that? We live in Canada and my divebuddy mails a mask bought locally that fits her and a prescription off to the Unted States. She gets a custom prescription mask back in a few weeks.

Sometimes she has to pay import duties. But she can now see the fishees.

Poster lives in the Philippines, so perhaps time and cost are a lot more?

Poster lives in the Philippines, so perhaps time and cost are a lot more?
Not really. Maybe? I regularly get ebay stuff mailed from China. "free" shipping is stupid as it seems to take about a month. The $5ish shipping gets my stuff to me in less than 2 weeks.

Not really. Maybe? I regularly get ebay stuff mailed from China. "free" shipping is stupid as it seems to take about a month. The $5ish shipping gets my stuff to me in less than 2 weeks.

IOW you don’t know squadoodle about shipping costs or duties to the Philippines. The masks are ground and made in the USA.

What exactly did your post add to this discussion? :shakehead:

Love my tusa mask, just pop off the frame and put in the lens, all supplied by Tusa. great price.

Back
Top Bottom