Presentation And Advice On Scuba Packages Online :d

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! My name is Yamil and I new at diving. Right now Im taking a bronze certification at YMCA Mexico City.
Next month I´ll be doing my first dove in Veracruz, Mexico and Cozumel in September.

Scuba gears are pretty expensive here in México, sometimes unaffordable. So I was looking for a scuba package at the USA online stores.
I was expecting to buy a Tusa package at leisurepro.com ( BCD, Regulator, Octopus, Console) for $824 USD. The main feature about this package is that the regulator was balanced and the console includes a computer. Unfortunately that package is no longer available.

So, I started to search again in differents online stores (divers-suply.com, leisurepro.com, amazon, etc) without luck. Most of the similar packages are about $1,000 and $1,200 usd and differents brands.

As I told you, Im pretty new on this, so I don´t know what to buy, where, and of course the best price.
Which online store do you prefer? Which brand will you prefer? Do you know about a nice deal on this month?

Thanks!!

Before you buy new equipment, you might want to borrow or rent until you get a feel for what you really want. There are so many options out there, it would suck to buy something and find out you would rather have a different type. Most of us start out with a jacket type BCD. Lots prefer a back inflate or wing as opposed to a jacket type. You don't know until you dive with one.

i usually buy new equipment online from LeisurePro, Dive Right In Scuba, Scuba Toys, and Scuba.com. If you want lights, Dive Gear Express is hard to beat.

Shop around, know what's out there, try a few different setups before jumping in. I purchased all our BCDs used for less than 1/2 price and in like new condition.

Good luck.
Jay

When you visit Cozumel, you will see divers with many different brands of gear. Ask them how they like their gear, and why. Get some opinions from different people. Rent gear from the dive shop until you have a better idea of what you like and what you don't like.

Also consider visiting a few dive shops that can show you different options and let you try on the gear. But don't let a dive shop push you into buying something before you have seen what other dive shops offer.

For on-line stores: Leisure Pro, Dive Right In Scuba (DRIS), and Scubatoys all have good customer service and good prices. Most on-line stores will give you a good deal or even match the price of a competitor. Some can put together a custom package for you if you tell them what you are looking for.

Thanks a lot for your recomendations.
As I wrote, I live in Mexico City, so there is not much variety of shops for rental.
I think that today, the best option is this package.
OceanPro Computer Pkg

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom