presidente

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just checked their website. first they said opening on 1 dec, then closed until further notice, then closed until 31 jan and now it is until further notice again. they are driving me nuts. i just hope they will eventually reopen...

docmartin:
just checked their website. first they said opening on 1 dec, then closed until further notice, then closed until 31 jan and now it is until further notice again. they are driving me nuts. i just hope they will eventually reopen...

Give them a break. Cozumel has just been hit by what is possibly the worst storm in history for them, certainly the worst since it's been a tourist destination. The damage to the waterfront establishments is unprecedented. The Presidente management obviously doesn't have any idea at this point how long it is going to take them to get tourist-ready, especially since their standards are so high. I wouldn't count on any information about projected re-opening dates for a while yet; they just don't know.

Not only do they have to estimate repair time, but also availability of materials.
Think of the demand for glass right now.
Also, as I stated in another post; if all of the mattresses were soaked, they will need to be replaced.
Those are just small examples of the work that needs to be done.

There are other hotels in Cozumel that would be delighted to have you stay there as a guest.

diveborg:
There are other hotels in Cozumel that would be delighted to have you stay there as a guest.
i know, but i can stay for free at the presidente...

Well I guess the posotive side of it is the Presidente will be even nicer than it was before (along with alot of the other hotels!!!)! So I guess that is something to look forward too..... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom