Pressure Buildup after Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elenec

Reaction score
I just completed my 4 OW dives this past Saturday and Sunday. Over the last 3 days I've noticed a constant pressure in my head or sinuses. Is this normal after diving? If so, how can it be prevented before and after? Or do I just feel a cold coming on. Ugh I've been just dragging my feet the last couple of days.

elenec:
I just completed my 4 OW dives this past Saturday and Sunday. Over the last 3 days I've noticed a constant pressure in my head or sinuses. Is this normal after diving? If so, how can it be prevented before and after? Or do I just feel a cold coming on. Ugh I've been just dragging my feet the last couple of days.
Congrats on the 4 dives!!

Sounds like you might be having a mild case of reverse block, which should have been covered in your OW class. Also should have gone away soon after the dives, so it might not be diving related.
As long as you're out of the water, take a decongestant and see if the opening if the sinuses releases the pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom