prestige second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mills705

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Was wondering if some people could give me some information on the pre-dive feature on this first stage?
I bought this after deciding on it being the best one available to me. I just wondered how good people find it?
I took my new kit to the pool to try it out. I found the lever on 'dive' to be very easy to breathe at 3m. Was very good compared to the regs that I have rented!
My question is, is it able to be held inbetween the two extremes? of pre dive and dive?

Was wondering if some people could give me some information on the pre-dive feature on this first stage?
I bought this after deciding on it being the best one available to me. I just wondered how good people find it?
I took my new kit to the pool to try it out. I found the lever on 'dive' to be very easy to breathe at 3m. Was very good compared to the regs that I have rented!
My question is, is it able to be held inbetween the two extremes? of pre dive and dive?

The lever should not be in between settings, as it serves to provide resistance to the diaphragm lever (to keep it from easily moving inward). It is not "dangerous" to leave in the middle, but would serve no mechanical purpose.

The mechanism is intended to prevent the diaphragm from being deflected inward by currents, or while entering the water.

Greg

Cheers, i had it on halfway and didnt feel any detrimental effects!
I need time to adjust to a good regulator and get it to a nice depth as a pool isnt the best place to try it out!

Back
Top Bottom