Pretty Sweet Deal on 10W Halcyon (new Style)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
eBay Halcyon 10 W HID

Extra bulb, No charger - but the chargers are available everywhere, and the bulbs are not.

Not too shabby.

K

I remember, when I was looking for a canister, reading your posts. I got a killer deal on my Helios in Feb, and I've been looking for a cheap, good condition 10 W head so I can get wifie into light diving.

I've been talking with Dan. I'm gonna take this and drop his canister on it. I can't wait. It should be in on Monday, then its off to Stealth for the mod!!!

I like the lid idea, too...make my canister double as a cigar case! :D

K

What exactly are these kinds of lights used for?? (I'm new at this so forgive my ignorance)

They look like they belong on the Space Shuttle....

:confused:

I like the Stealth canister. But isn't the Proteus light head the one with some troubles. I thought Stealth was coming out with a light head soon, does anyone know?

I'm tempted...

Diver294 once bubbled...
What exactly are these kinds of lights used for?? (I'm new at this so forgive my ignorance)

They look like they belong on the Space Shuttle....

:confused:

Uhhhhhh.... Diving.....

LOL...

Longer burn times, and less fatigue in the hand holding just the light head, and no battery. Battery gets mounted on the waist mostly... Used for scuba diving in limited vis/ night dives.

Diver294: We use these on every dive - not just night dives. I personally found myself saying (often, really) "I wish I brought my light..." only to have left it on the boat. That's what started it for me - I wanted to integrate the light into my rig so it was always with me. For me, it quickly evolved from a piece of sight enhancement gear into a piece of essential safety gear. I use it to keep in touch with my buddy during a dive...we communicate all during a dive with our lights. No more neck cranking, no more "is my buddy still there" stuff. If he/she needs me, a coupls of quick swoops of the light and I'm there in a jif, and vice versa. I won't dive without one now...I consider it as essential as my regulator.

ABQdiver: I heard the same thing, for the early ones. But I've had mine since Feb this year, and have had no issues with the head. The only issues with my light have been my issues (like forgetting to charge it once...) All else has been perfect. There are tone os people here who have this head and have had perfect performance, as well.

K

:eek:ut:
DOH!

I kinda knew the diving part already... but the batteries on the waist was what I was looking for. Thanks! Sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I have to start thinking about lights and never even considered there were alternatives to the bulky hand-held units.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom