Primary light clip off

Clipping off primary light

• Two fixed bolt snaps (balast and handle)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • One fixed bolt snap at handle, bungie loop at balast + double ender

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • One fixed bolt snap at balast, bungie loop at handle + double ender

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Two bungie loops (balast and handle) + double ender

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recently I've read discussion about this issue at Quest and I'm interested what way people mostly use. I used to use two fixed bolt snaps now I use two bungie loops and double ender.

MonkSeal:
Recently I've read discussion about this issue at Quest and I'm interested what way people mostly use. I used to use two fixed bolt snaps now I use two bungie loops and double ender.

I use two fixed bolt snaps. The one on the cable is held flat to the cable with a piece of inner-tube. (I got that tip from someone that had just done Cave-2)

I'm using the Two bungie loops (balast and handle) + double ender. But I'm still not convinced its the best. I might try the One fixed bolt snap at handle, bungie loop at balast + double ender again to compare.

I use four 2-inch bolt snaps and 50 feet of cave line ... then again, I like big lights ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

After going through RecTriox with Bob Sherwood, I switched to one small clip cave knotted to the goodman handle and a ziptie loop (70# zipties IIRC) on the nut on the ballast with the double ender in my pocket. Since we're not trained to do bottle switches yet, the ballast clip doesn't get used a lot, so its better to just have a double ender parked in the drysuit pocket to keep it clean. The clip on the goodman handle gets used more, though, so keep it there permanently with cave line -- but keep it small and tight and out of the way of the light so it doesn't distract buddies.

The zipties are my fault, everything else is what I recall Bob suggesting we do...

lamont:
The clip on the goodman handle gets used more, though, so keep it there permanently with cave line -- but keep it small and tight and out of the way of the light so it doesn't distract buddies.

The clip on the goodman is only used when your light is off. I almost always clip to the nut on the ballast so I don't blind my buddies. At the very end of a dive, when I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to make it the rest of the way up the line to the boat, I'll turn the light off and clip it to the goodman, but anything else requires use of the ballast clip.

I use one fixed clip, attached around the base of the light itself. The clip rides above the light, directly in-between each end of the goodman handle. Keeps it out of the way, and it doesn't interfere with the handle of my Gavin like it used to when I had it tied to either side of the goodman handle.

Soggy:
The clip on the goodman is only used when your light is off. I almost always clip to the nut on the ballast so I don't blind my buddies. At the very end of a dive, when I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to make it the rest of the way up the line to the boat, I'll turn the light off and clip it to the goodman, but anything else requires use of the ballast clip.

Yup, but for those of us who don't do bottle switches and such yet, the one that gets used most is the one at the handle to park it after you turn it off or it dies on you...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom