Princeton Tec SW LED switch sucks

Have you expereinced or heard of a Princeton Tec switch failure?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nigeltlee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a new Princeton Tec SW for a dive trip in December. Shockwave LED | Princeton Tec Before traveling, I tested it at home - open enclosure - took out the cardboard - check batteries - switched on & off, checked the o-ring etc. Seemed fine so I put the cardboard back in and packed it ready for the trip.

On the first night dive, I opened the enclosure, pulled out the cardboard, screwed it back together again and went to turn it on. Only to hear a 'click' and no light. :shocked2:

So without thinking I turned it off and on again - nothing.

I opened it up had a closer look at the switching mechanism, the little Y plastic bit was turning inside when I twisted the switch - i didn't understand what was going on.

Until I had a closer look inside. Turns out that the little bit of plastic, shaped in a Y that turns as you switch had shattered and snapped just under the screw.

You can imagine my displeasure to discover this on the FIRST NIGHT!

I did work around it, by opening the light 'just before a dive' turning it on and screwing it back together so the light was permanently on.

I'm now going to try to send it to the HK distributor with the original receipt from Joe's. Hopefully they don't ask me to pay for a replacement. I'll let you know if they do.

I also have a couple of photos of the switch which I'll post later.

IMHO the switching mechanism for this light SUCKS.

Anyone else seen or heard of this issue before?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom