Princeton Tech 8000 Bulb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JVM4.0

Contributor
Reaction score
I made a hell of a deal on a slightly used Princeton Tech 8000 dive light. Looks in almost new condition, no evidence of flooding, and it's all there.

I called Princeton to ask about the light. They gave me the standard information. Turns out it's 6 to 8 years old, and Princeton no longer supports that light. For instance, they told me that the bulb was specially made for them, and is no longer available. Ooooppppssss.

I'm looking for spare bulbs, gasket material and "O"-ring information on that light. Anybody have any information (or better yet, parts) they can share?

Thanks!

Jim

When speaking with the pros at Princeton, I asked them about bulb availability. They claimed that they have been out of all replacement parts for quite some time, due to the age of the light.

I got to looking on the web for possible replacements, and found I need much more information.

Has anybody successfully moved to a different (available) bulb for this light? If so, can you help me with the specs?

Also, regarding gasket material. Can I get by with cutting up some relatively low durometer rubber or synthetic material to replace the gasket? I'm pretty sure the o-ring is going to be a standard item.

Thanks for the help!

Jim

What kind of light is this? I couldn't find any info on the web. If it's what I think it is (a basic 8 C-cell light) wouldn't it be much easier to just buy a newer light? You can get something similar for well less than $50.. wouldn't it be worth your time to do that?

Close, Johnnythan......it's an 8 "D" cell light, with I think a haolgen bulb.

According to Princeton it's between 6 and 8 years old. It works fine, and is in just about perfect condition, but I just want to be ready when the bulb blows.

I carry spares to just about everything, if not for me, but to save somebody else's dive, if I can. Kind of a habit from my old racing days, when if we brought spares to the track, we'd never use them..........

Back
Top Bottom