Private Boat Trip 3/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in TRYING to get out on Wendesday morning on my boat for a couple of reef dives let me know. Weather man says the winds are supposed to die down by Monday. If that's true we might be able to get out and, finally, get wet. I can take 2 more dives and maybe one more person to stay on board while we're in the water.

If you're interested let me know.

Here's the marine weather forcast for this coming week. If it hold true it looks like it could be a great week.

TUESDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 2 TO
3 FEET. IN THE GULF STREAM...SEAS AROUND 5 FEET EARLY...SUBSIDING TO
AROUND 3 FEET BY LATE AFTERNOON. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

WEDNESDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE
AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET THEN 2 FEET OR LESS IN THE
AFTERNOON AND EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

THURSDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH AROUND 5
KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

Gee thats the LAST DAY OF LOBSTER SEASON! Wish I could go....Glad to hear you are gonna get that boat out finally!

Oh I've had the boat out about 5 or 6 times in the last couple of months but the wind and waves have always been so high that you couldn't go off shore and stay out there for any length of time. If you tried not only would you get the s*&t beat out of you but people would be puking all over the place. That makes for a nasty day on the water.

The boats been running great I've just been waiting for a day that we had some nice weather to go diving off it.

Last day of the season huh? Maybe that's a good oman, I haven't caught a stinking thing all season so this might be the day.

Wish you could come with us too Jenny but there will be other days, maybe even a weekend sometime soon.

Padipro:
Anyone interested in TRYING to get out on Wendesday morning on my boat for a couple of reef dives let me know. Weather man says the winds are supposed to die down by Monday. If that's true we might be able to get out and, finally, get wet. I can take 2 more dives and maybe one more person to stay on board while we're in the water.

If you're interested let me know.

Wish I could....

What a beautiful day yesterday. The seas were 1 to 2 feet, very light current, warm and sunny. We launched from the 15th street boat ramp just down the road from Brownies and went out Port Everglades. We headed north to the balls and tied up just north or Los Olas Blvd. The vis wasn't that great, about 20 feet, but the reef was pretty good. No lobster though, we didn't see a single one. Typical, I think the lobster have been pretty much fish out around here. We made a single dive for about 45 minutes and then desided to just cruze around for the rest of the day. We headed north as far as Oakland Park Blvd and out to sea until we had about 200 feet of water under the boat. It was exciting to be out that far on my own boat for the first time. We headed back in and pulled into John U Loyd state park and beached the boat for an early dinner near the picnic area. Nice place and some good food at the little restaurant there, we'll have to do that again. As we left the park we saw The Cat leaving port for a run to the Bahamas. What a wild ship that is.

All in all we had a great day but it would have been even better if a few more of you could have come with. :frown: Oh well, we'll have to try again another day.

Sounds great Scott.

Please keep asking and we'll get out one of these days.

Marc

I was just reading the above post about recent nasty days on the water and remembered this article in the British magazine DIVER. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

-G

http://www.divernet.com/opinion/0304trewavas.shtml

emit doog a dah uoy dalG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom