pro ear 2000(has anyone used it)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samnewsom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Pro Ear Mask

PROEAR 2000 unique design and performance, allows divers to keep their ears dry, thereby:

• Improving diver comfort and preventing painful ear problems
  • Improving hearing and sense of direction underwater
  • Simplifying equalization of pressures while diving

PROEAR 2000tm offers a high quality and cost effective solution to common and often vexing ear problems experienced by almost all divers.

More Info on the Pro Ear 2000

And now you can get a ProEar Hood for cold water use of the ProEar Mask.

The Titanium Color is Black with little silver speckels.

has anyone used this one

Sam,

I haven't used the Pro Ear myself, but someone on the MS board has. Actually he is here also, Don Wray. Although, if you wanted to try one on, you could go over to Deep South Scuba in Jackson and he has one in stock. I'm not real sure on the price there though.

me and my fiance are going through the open water class with them and she had a ear infection during the pool session wish let to a small tear and we are scheduled to do the open water part end of the month and the doctor said it should be healed but was wanting to take some precaution if the mask would help

anyone that has used it continue to chime in

Err on the safe side and wait a couple extra weeks. Your instructor should have no trouble accomodating a change of schedule if it will help to make sure your fiance's ear is safe.

Well, is the ear infection swimmers ear or middle? Looking at this sentence:

samnewsom:
wish let to a small tear

I'm guessing she had a middle ear infection which lead to a ear drum rupture? Just curious!

Btw, the Pro Ear simply keeps the ear canal dry (it's supposed to anyway). It's just like a mask though, so if even a little hair is under the skirting it will flood, and becomes useless.

Keep in mind, the Pro Ear will NOT prevent a middle ear infection.

yes she had a infection that we did not know of which resulted in a tear not a rupture doc said will be healed in 2 weeks but we are doing our open water check out dives in 3 weeks and are very pushed on times with wedding plans showers etc and our honeymoon is in belize with alot of dives starting to really suck and was wondering if this would help at all at least getting her through certification and then she would have another 8 full weeks to finish recovering

I'm with rakkis on this one, i'd wait. If it's not possible go to the doctor and have him check it out. Don't forget to tell him that your diving. She can always do her checkout dives on vacation.

she will be going to the doctor prior to the dives but does this help at all preventing tears or is it is just a hoax

Sam, the Proear probably is not going to help in this case. Equalization has to be done whether water is in your ears while diving or not. You are equalizing pressure not water. Your instructor will probably want a signed medical release before continuing training. Diving is fun, but serious permanent injury could occur if you rush the situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom