Pro Force Fin or the Adjustable Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daghastly1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Force Fins (it would be my first pair). And I'm wondering which one you guys think would be a better first fin. I'm just starting to get really into diving. I've only dove in warm water and dutch springs (for my OW and Enriched Air Certs). Later this month I'll be getting my AOW and Dry Suit certifications and then I'll be looking to dive a lot more locally (I live in NYC). I'm 34 years old and in really good shape (a good swimmer too) so I think I should be able to handle any of these fins but I'm not looking to spend $600-$700 on a pair of fins right now so I'm only looking at the original Force Fin, the Pro Force Fin, and the Adjustable Force Fin.

Now I understand that the Pros are stiffer and "snappier" than the other two, but I'm wondering how the Adjustable fins compare with whiskers/bat wings added. I'm thinking that the Adjustable ones might be a better course of action for me since I can fit dry suit boots in them and use my 2mm tropical booties too (I'd buy the Force Wings/Bat Wings down the road). If they can keep up with the Pros with any of the Force Wings added to it. Does anybody know how they compare to the Pros with the Force Wings?

Many Thanks,
TP

Go with the Pros XXL and get a comfort instep, oh and bungie heel straps. All the power and maneuverability you'll ever need. You'll be able to fit your drysuit into them and the instep will bring it down for your neoprene bootie. One fin for all your diving. The adjustable is made from the same material that the original is and is about as wide as an XL which will cause you issues with the drysuit.

with fins as short as the Original shapes, you don't need wings/whiskers. the fins are already so good its unneeded.

Many thanks as I was leaning towards the adjustable force fins. I figured they were more versatile because of the force wings. You guys have saved me a lot of hassle and dough! Thanks again!

Please see my ad for XXL Pro FF’s if you’re interested. Thanks DiverYohand.
Many thanks as I was leaning towards the adjustable force fins. I figured they were more versatile because of the force wings. You guys have saved me a lot of hassle and dough! Thanks again!

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Force Fins (it would be my first pair). And I'm wondering which one you guys think would be a better first fin. I'm just starting to get really into diving. I've only dove in warm water and dutch springs (for my OW and Enriched Air Certs). Later this month I'll be getting my AOW and Dry Suit certifications and then I'll be looking to dive a lot more locally (I live in NYC). I'm 34 years old and in really good shape (a good swimmer too) so I think I should be able to handle any of these fins but I'm not looking to spend $600-$700 on a pair of fins right now so I'm only looking at the original Force Fin, the Pro Force Fin, and the Adjustable Force Fin.

Now I understand that the Pros are stiffer and "snappier" than the other two, but I'm wondering how the Adjustable fins compare with whiskers/bat wings added. I'm thinking that the Adjustable ones might be a better course of action for me since I can fit dry suit boots in them and use my 2mm tropical booties too (I'd buy the Force Wings/Bat Wings down the road). If they can keep up with the Pros with any of the Force Wings added to it. Does anybody know how they compare to the Pros with the Force Wings?

Many Thanks,
TP
Buy original force fin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom