Pro Plus 2 Multi Diving Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMOST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently got the pro plus 2 computer. I plan on taking it with for a dive vacation which will have multiple dives the same day as well as multiple dives the following days. My question is can the computer be used for multiple back to back diving days? I know that it goes into the fly mode after diving use. Is there anything that can be done to use it back to back days? Are all dive comps the same way? This is my first one. I plan on bringing a set of gauges but it won't tell me what my computer will.

The time to fly countdown resets with every dive. No problem doing multiple days of diving with this or generally any computer. The computer will track your dive time and surface intervals and will monitor your NDL on subsequent dives based on your prior dive profiles as well as your surface intervals. If you do a new dive, the time to fly countdown just resets. (on the ProPlus 2 the time to fly is just a 24 hour countdown - not a measure of nitrogen saturation).

This is a nice computer - easy to use.

No worries. We used one on Bonaire last summer for 2 weeks of straight diving (3-4 dives per day) and it worked great. Same the summer before on our 2 week liveaboard trip with 4-5 dives per day. The no-fly countdown will start automatically, but if you hit the water before time is up, it'll simply start a new dive.

Thanks for the great feedback. It looks like I have no worries. Your right this is a nice computer and easy to use. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom