Probe LX BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mickeyman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi has anyone heard of a problem with the inflater hose sometimes coming loose during a boat entry on the Oceanic Probe LX BC?
During a boat dive a few weeks back someone on the boat mentioned he knew of this problem and warned me to be careful.

That seems kind of vague. Where does is supposedly get loose at? Where its attached to the bc (threaded housing), the corrugated hose to the inflator assembly?

What happens when it gets loose?

FWIW, I'm not buying any part of that guys statement, and it seems kind of bizarre.

I hear a lot of things on dive boats, most of which is untrue. I'm guessing the guy knew someone who did not securely connect the hose to the BC, and then blamed the equipment. In theory, one could somehow catch the hose BC connection on something and inadvertently disconnect the hose. However, this could happen with any brand BC. More often than not, when I see a disconnected BC or drysuit hose, it's because the user forgot to securely connect the hose and do a function test.

nope.

i own one, my DM instructor owns one... I've only rolled off the side or jumped off 40 boat dives with mine, but he'd have done it hundreds.

apart from being a bit heavy, I love this BC.

I agree, I love my Probe LX, bit heavy, but its comfy and I have done a few boat dives, and never had any issues.

Great bc ( but then again I have only tried 2 others as rentals so maybe Im biased cause its my first BC :)

Back
Top Bottom