Problem fitting Inon UFL-165AD Lens to Recsea S95 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just stick my camera in TV, strobes on ttl and off I go

I think that is the problem, if you do just that with the Inon UFL165AD that was being discussed you may find ugly ghosting or interesting (or ugly) flare.

However, now I am stepping out. Even though I actually own and use all of these lenses and have experimented in quite some amount with all of them, attempting to convey information about the topic being discussed is more trouble than it is worth sometimes.

To some suggestion earlier, yes, I think the portrait position does aggravate the ghosting.

Hope y'all figure it out, I have for myself. Bye.

B0001533.jpg

James

The inon specifications for the UFL165AD say that the glass is coated on both sides but the acrylic dome is only coated on the outside
On the dome for the UWL100 it says anti reflection on the inner side
So this explains why one lens would flare and the other wouldn't

Thank you everyone for providing information on ghosting with the Inon UFL165AD. Although it has not been a serious issue for me I was curious as to its cause when it did happen. Something I will try to remember when setting up a shot in future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom