Problem with INON s2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, that is the same adapter I used. I didn't feel like I overtightened it, but then again I was not looking carefully at the gap, as this was my first experience with the strobe, and I did not know to do so. The INON article I refered to above reccomends using an additional metal washer with the ULCS adapter, but that was for the z240 (problem is the same with the s2000). Hopefully my nearly $500 mistake will prevent others from doing the same thing.

As has been stated, do not over tighten that connection. There should be a gap visible between the screw and the body of the strobe. Do not tighten and then look---look as you tighten.

But, as I said, I feel the OPs pain, an easy and expensive mistake to make. Hope he get it worked out some how.

N

So, I returned the strobe to the local Japanese dive shop, explained to them, the best I could (sign motions etc) what happened. They sent the strobe back to INON.
Meanwhile, I bought another INON from a different dive shop (previous dive shop had no stock). 1st dive with the new INON strobe, halfway through the dive, quit working. I was completely ticked. Two in a row..... I knew I did not over tighten this one. That same evening I took it back to the shop where I bought it, demonstrated that it would not work. They sent it to INON. Two weeeks later strobe one and strobe two are returned from INON to the dive shops. Strobe one definitley flooded, but they fixed it....no charge! Strobe #2, best I could tell from talking to the dive shop, did not flood, but shorted out...... but was fixed.....no charge! INON customer service is great!! I now have two working strobes. I have yet to dive with either one, but plan to this weekend. Hopefully my strobe woes are over!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom