Suggestion Problem with Rating Articles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

discrepancy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been reading some of the articles posted under the "Articles" menu. Some are quite entertaining and informative, and I am half-inclined to scribble one down myself and post it to you.

But, there seems to be a problem with the rating procedures. For example, I just read Jeff Lane's article on the history of Scuba. I enjoyed it very much and I wanted to rate it. On several attempts during different sessions I've run into the same problem: when I hit "rate" I am prompted to log in, despite the fact I am already logged in. When I enter my ScubaBoard userid and password, I am presented with a message telling me I have entered invalid information.

I've tried logging off ScubaBoard, then accessing the article and attempting to rate it using my userid and password from scratch when prompted. Again, no joy.

Any suggestions?

discrepancy

The article software we use is not tied in to our forum software; being logged in to one will not impact another. This is something we are still working to remedy but at this time they do not merge.

But I still can't log on at all using "rate" article using my normal ScubaBoard id, whether I'm already logged in or not. Do I need to register a separate id and password to use the 'articles' part of the site?

As I mentioned before, the systems are separate. Having a ScubaBoard id will not allow you to rate articles using the article system. If you really want to write an article you will need to register separately on that system. However, we are planning to merge our articles into a more integrated system in the near future.

discrepancy:
So, how do I do rate an article already posted?
OK - I think I know what you're asking... and what Tech Admin's trying to say :wink:

If you want to rate an article and you're not registered for the Articles section (seperate from ScubaBoard), the software will take you to a registration page. Fill out the registration form (not just the log in form.... do the whole registration and select a user name and password). You can then go back to the article and rate it..... at least that worked for me :wink:

Thanls Snowbear. I asked the same thing a while ago with no answer.

OK, very clear now. Thanks for that. I am pretty keen to use the "rate" function to let some of the authors know that there are people out there reading and enjoying the stuff they've worked so hard to produce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom