Problems getting pregnant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrobinson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My husband and I are avid divers. I keep hearing something that's bugging me. So I want your opinions if it's an old tale or true?
Does anyone have any problems getting pregnant since you're an avid diver? Males with fertility issues? Females? (I know, if you're trying or are pregnant not to dive, so please don't post it.)
Thanks for all your posts!
:eyebrow:

I wonder sometimes when i get squeezed a bit too much by my DS whether there are any damaging effects, hopefully not - havent really "tried" to achieve that goal yet, but one day i will.

Interesting posts Michelle,

Again like Simon, I've never heard any stories regarding this subject, I hope it's not related though!!

SF

EDIT: After reading Pug's post, for the record I don't plan on getting on getting pregnant either :wink:

Hmmm. Interesting....SCUBA: exercise and birth control!
:eyebrow:

I would suggest for a serious answer to call DAN and get their opinion: 919-684-8111.

Well, I know a couple who have 5 kids and are very avid scuba divers. Either they are extremely fertile, or it is a load of bull.

This might be a good thing to call the medical people at DAN about. not sure if you have to be a member to call them, but basic membership isn't that much for a answer like this.

perhaps they have done a study on this.

mrobinson:
My husband and I are avid divers. I keep hearing something that's bugging me. So I want your opinions if it's an old tale or true?
Does anyone have any problems getting pregnant since you're an avid diver?
Diving does not cause preganancy so you need to be sure that diving is not your only "recreational" activity. Other than that I have never heard of it causing fertility issues.

I don't believe that to be a true statement.. more a tale of woe from someone who had other issues. My wife and I have had no problems generating offspring and we're both divers.

It must be true! I try to "partake" of the fruits of life whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'm not pregnant yet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom