Problems with Suunto Dive Manager - Downloads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnyboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been pretty lucky lately with Suunto's Dive Manager when trying to download the log from my D3 to the PC, but tonight I got a new problem that has me stumped.

The program would start downloading just fine, but only read 4 logs - then terminate as if it was "done" and show the "select logs" screen - only there was nothing to download. I tried several times, even rebooted the PC, but always it would just stop after reading log #4.

I tried installing the latest version (2.6) and even re-installed the USB driver, but all to no avail.

Has anyone else had this particular problem, and did you find a fix/workaround? I know one workaround is to backup the database and re-install (either an older stable version or the latest).

Also - anyone with experience with 2.6? Is it more stable than 2.5.0.165 (which was pretty much a disaster of a version)?

I was using 2.3 without too may problems, although even that version "loses" the USB after several months, requiring a re-install. 2.5.0.165 loses the USB every few weeks. I am hoping 2.6 is a bit better.

Thanks,

-S

p.s. The interface was working just fine over the last several weeks, and the contacts are all clean and connection is good. The D3 battery is also fine.

-S

Update.

Backed up the database, removed all Suunto software, rebooted and reinstalled 2.6 plus the USB driver. Rebooted again. Tried to download yesterday's dive. AGAIN it just stopped after reading log #4.

Removed all the Suunto software AGAIN. This time installed version 2.3 plus the USB driver. Was able to download the log without any problem.

So once again it seems as if the Suunto sofware above version 2.3 is junk. I know people still using 1.6 for the same reason. I've had not bad luck with 2.3, but it's not as good as 1.6 - just that 1.6 has too few features for me.

So - nothing wrong with the D3, nothing wrong with the PC or the USB interface. Just the usual nonsense from Suunto's DM versions above 2.3 (2.5 and now 2.6). I'd really hate to have a new D4 or newer watch that would not work without version 2.6.

-S

Contact Suunto through there website- I received very prompt customer service from them whn I had a problem.

drop them an email; they're very helpful

Back
Top Bottom