Proco Island Bambu Resort - Halmahera - New resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On my visit this year to boot dusseldorf I spoke with the owner of this resort.
I enjoyed talking with him. A person with a lot of experience in Liveabords in the area
I am thinking of visiting in the next few years.

Rudy Ring? Quite interesting. Undercurrents Sept 2014
From their website: "The island is surrounded by a coral reef that immediately invites you to dive in and is exclusively available to us."

That looks like a really pretty little resort.

I'm sure @Indah has some inside info regarding the "No diving" issue, as he ran a resort in region. But this was all back in 2014...

For the sake of diversity there is another resort on the next door island: Sali Bay Dive Resort, a diving paradise in South Halmahera - North Maluku

Any one dive in the area recently?
My previous comment was copied from their current website. Never before I read in Indonesia about 'diving being exclusively available for us' . Wonder on which law or regulations this is based.
I know several live aboard cruise directors had very unpleasant experiences in the past in that part of Halmahera, which by the way was hundreds of kilometers away from our place.

On my visit this year to boot dusseldorf I spoke with the owner of this resort.
I enjoyed talking with him. A person with a lot of experience in Liveabords in the area
I am thinking of visiting in the next few years.

I spoke also to the owner at the fair. It sounded promising

For the sake of diversity there is another resort on the next door island: Sali Bay Dive Resort, a diving paradise in South Halmahera - North Maluku
And next door to the next door island, 2 nautical miles away, you also have two resorts on Kusu island :

Kusu island resort :

Nabucco Spice island resort :

Euhhh can you say more over that please ?
In the past someone claimed to have the exclusive rights to those waters. But those days are over.

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom