Prudence Island wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckedinri:
Have you been to the Crane and Barge in the west passage? There was a mooring on that wreck throughout the summer. That side gets a bit less boat traffic so there is a good chance that there is still a line on it.

unless somone put a new on on over the winter.
that marker is gone

There was no mooring on it when I dove it on December 31st. I was on it days after Dennis dove it and I agree, if dived early in the spring it can be a very nice dive.

wreckedinri:
Anyhow, no self respecting wrecker depends on a mooring:D! Especialy on a wreck that shallow. Just hook it and send a diver in:wink:.
How about cheap ones who are talking their buddy into taking them out there for a case of beer? But no it isn't a big deal to set a hook. It does sound that it will be better to do this sooner this year as opposed to later. I think his boat will be in sometime in April so perhaps then.

wreckedinri:
Have you been to the Crane and Barge in the west passage? There was a mooring on that wreck throughout the summer. That side gets a bit less boat traffic so there is a good chance that there is still a line on it.
No I haven't and I'm not sure of the wrecks that you are referring to. Prudence Island is very close to my buddies boat at Melville but I'd like to hear more about the Crane and Barge.

From descriptions from some of last years posts, that crane and barge wreck sounds like a nice dive. It's on my list, but the list quite long.......:11doh:

LobstaMan

GypsyDoc:
. . . No I haven't and I'm not sure of the wrecks that you are referring to. Prudence Island is very close to my buddies boat at Melville but I'd like to hear more about the Crane and Barge.

The Crane and Barge lies .6 miles, 190 degrees mag from the south tip of Dutch Island and .3 miles, 270 degrees mag from the beach by the pavillion at Fort Getty, @: N41-29.241 x W71-24.239. Best at slack also. See my website under Crane and Barge in the left hand column for more information.

Regards,
Dennis

17 years later, does anyone have the true identity of the “Sleeper”?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom