PS Mandrake automation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I've been using the PS Mandrake method manually to recover red channel in UW pics. I have PS CS4.
I've downloaded the "underwater.atn" automation file from the Adobe web site, which was made for the Adobe Lightroom program.
I cannot find the way to import this automation file in CS4. Is it possible to automate this procedure in CS4 ?

I don't have CS4 so it may be different - I vaguely recall reading that it is - or that actions changed in CS3? - but in prior versions of PS you copy the .atn file to your actions sub-folder then launch PS - in the actions window there's an arrow to the right in the top actions menu bar - click it and one of the options will be Load Actions. In that dialog box there's also an option to save it as a default action since that's how it works in my PS now.

Although this is older, this is the one I use: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1042430 - IDK if the Lightroom version is different.

Hi Diversteve, with your indications I could find the way to automate Photoshop CS4 with the underwater.atn automation file that you posted.
Photoshop CS4 must be configured with english user interface, as the atn file has the names of the layers in english.
Besides, the .atn file has to be stored in the C:\Users\emoreira\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Actions so as it can be loaded.
Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom