PSI Accuracy in Aeris Atmos ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divesergeant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tell me, with actual knowledge, whether the Aeris Atmos Ai psi reading is spot on, or programmed to read 200 psi under the actual pressure as a safety measure?

DS

I'm having the same trouble myself. Mine seems to be more like 3-400 low!!!!! Depth also reads two to three feet deeper than my other computer!!!

I kinda made a fool of myself by telling a marina I was getting short fills!!!

My wife has one, so when we dive this weekend I'll use a pressure gauge at the shop to measure
the fill and then see what her AI reads once we connect up.

Mine seems pretty much dead on. It's always right at what I was told my tank was filled to.

I checked out my wife's this past weekend by using the pressure gauge at DiveTech and
then checking the AI's reading once geared up. It was never more than 100psi off, and I'd
attribute some of that to transport/setup. I forgot to take it with me to the shop to check
directly - I'll try to check it out this weekend.

Have you tried this test at your LDS using a pressure checker and then connecting the reg? If so
and you're getting the same results, I'd definitely consider contacting Aeris about it. They've been
great to deal with the couple times I had issues (or suspected issues).

Yes I hooked two different computers up to the same tank and they were within 20 pound of each other. Mine showed 175lbs low

funny how Aeris has not responded to this thread. Mine is also reading 225lbs low, and I'm NOT very happy about it.

My wife has the Aeris AI. For my sanity I have also mounted an SPG on her regs so I can easily see how much air she has left. Frankly I've never noticed a difference between the spg and the computer. The computer is maybe 25-50psi low, but the spg markings are something like 100psi. I'd call that an acceptable margin of error.

Last edited:
funny how Aeris has not responded to this thread. Mine is also reading 225lbs low, and I'm NOT very happy about it.

They dont really care about responding in this forum unless it makes them look good. I gave up trying to use this forum to get any answers from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom