PSI Accuracy in Aeris Atmos ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's certainly more of a pain than posting on the board, but I've always gotten great service
from Aeris when I've just picked up the phone and called.

Has anyone gotten this issue fixed from Aeris? Mine is out of warranty but reads about 250 psi light.

My AI is doing the same thing. About 250 psi low.

I called them today, and they said that I could send it in for a flat $150 fee that covers a full overhaul, calibration, and testing. He said once they open them up, they're required to do a full re-manufacture on them.

You have to call, get an RA(return authorization) number, and fill out a form to send with it. They said it's about a 10 business day turn-around in the States. Here's a link:

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Returns

Now if I could only get the download cable to work and not timeout.

The transmitter for my 750GT reads 250psi lower than both my test bench and my backup SPG. I've seen many, many Aeris/Oceanic transmitters reading that much lower than actual. I advise my customers that they're that low so they'll know and can plan accordingly. I have to agree that I'd rather have my transmitter read low than high. My SPG reads a tad high against my test bench and it helps to know that, too. I'm a service tech and see these transmitters regularly.

I haven't had enough experience with other manufacturers' transmitters to comment knowledgeably on them so I won't.

Oh wow - here I thought my transmitter was just bunk...mine always reads 250-300 less than my spg...Many times I appreciate it though for the additional "padding" it gives me...however absolutly hate it when doing easy shallow dives...$150 for a rebuilt transmitter seems a bit much, especially since it seems like it happens to so many of their units...

Back
Top Bottom