PSI Reading Difference Between Gallileo Transmitter and SP 2 Gauge Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frisby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just purchased a Gallileo w/ wireless transmitter and SP 2 Gauge Console for backup - I noticed about ~300 PSI difference between them w/ the wireless transmitter reporting more conservatively ( lower value ) - Would this delta be expected?

Thanks

Last edited:
Bourdon tubes gauges are pretty accurate in the mid ranges- less accurate at the extreme ranges. Is the 300psi difference regular throughout the dive? Some gauges read high after a couple of years- it's rare (and a bit dangerous) for them to read high.

Bourdon tube.gif

I noticed it at the begining of my dive - the Gauge was at 3,000 and the computer was at 27xx - this was my first dive with those 2 devices - so I will continue to monitor - but was wondering if any delta is expected. I'm headed to Belize in a week - I will update when I get back.

go to your lds and test a tank with a 3rd, then you will learn which of your two are off

Supergaijin,
Yes, best to take both to your SCUBAPRO LDS and have them check against their gauges for accuracy. rgds, HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom