PT-020 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcolman

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced these problem. Consider that these symptoms have occured on two different cameras in the same housing:

"at times, my camera acted very goofey uw... the thing wud zoom all the way out, w/o my knowledge, buttons wudn't function well (varied with depth, the deeper the worse the condition), and the flash wudn't fire or wud fire at the wrong time (this was probably user ignorance, since I didn't have the strobe set properly to allow for pre-focus lights, etc.)... I bought an extra battery back then too to make sure I always had a freshly, completely charged one for diving... anyway, all the headaches compelled me to invest, as u know, in the Light & Motion housing, afterwhich, I've not experienced any of those problems... some Oly users have shared with me that the OLY housing does seem to flex enough under water pressure to alter the button functions... dunno if that's what ails you, but suspect it's contributing... am not saying u run out and buy a new housing, but maybe u want to begin thinking about it"

Also, on another board, CONDENSATION has been reported as causing this kinds of symptoms, but, I use TWO gel packs in the housing.

Rick.

mines happily been to 40m. only problem i've had is the bulkhead connector shearing. now been replaced but not water tested.

My 5060 went through a pahase of going nuts underwater every so often so I took it to Olympus, they upgraded the firmware and it began to behave again.
You can do the firmware upgrade from the Olympus site to save you bringing it in. It might help. See this posting for details http://www.scubaboard.com/t75751-upgrade-your-own-oly-firmware.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom