PT-020 Zoom Sticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacoop

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchase an Oly 5060WS & PT-020 housing after reading many of your post... THANKS

Now on to my problem, I've been learning the camera the last few days (outside the housing) and it works great. Last night I loaded into the housing to practice taking some pics, no problems until I started using the ZOOM. Going to Wide Angle works great but when I choose to zoom in the button sticks and continues until I jiggle the button. Took the camera out and reloaded still same problem. After closer observation it appears the spring inside need to be adjusted.

My question, has anyone run into this before & if so have you adjusted the spring or switch or should I just send the housing back and get a new one.

Thanks Ahead of Time for your assistance,

Coop

I've heard of this happening with the PT-020. I know one person fixed it by adjusting the spring. Others have sent it back for a replacement.

ReyeR,

Thanks for the info... I think I may try making a quick adjustment on the spring and see what happens, if doen't work back it goes....

Coop

Adjusted the spring and all is well, note if you try this it only requires the small adjustment....

Coop

I have a PT-020 with the same problem on the zoom. Going toward zoom (T) it goes automatically all of the way and will then not take a picture until I manually back it off a bit. Very frustrating. Please advise on the best way to solve this problem. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom